Wire Wrapping for Beginners
by Gina Bowen
What is Wire Wrapping?
Wire wrapping is a craft that involves the twisting, rolling, and cutting of wire strings. Don’t get frightened, you aren’t going to be soldering anything! All you need is just a bag of simple and easy-to-get tools and a well of patience and determination.
Do you know that with this craft, you can make the finest pieces of jewelry such as earrings, necklaces, anklets, bracelets, rings, and more? No? Well, now, you know. In wire wrapping, you are allowed to infuse your creativity to the work you do! But then, what is creativity if you don’t have the knowledge of what wire wrapping is first?
That is why this book was carefully written for everyone, not just for beginners to get started in making their first pieces of art, but also for experts alike—so that they can learn as well as toughen up on what they already know.
Upon reading through the pages of this book, you will;
- Be more acquainted with what wire wrapping entails, its historical timelines, and how it works.
- Be familiar with the terms associated with wire wrapping.
- Educated on the safety measures to adhere to when handling the wires and operating in your workspace.
- Be exposed to the tips, tricks and techniques used in the art of wire wrapping that will set you on your way to becoming an expert in this craft.
- Be enlightened on the tools and materials required to get you started.
- Get started with making beautiful pieces of jewelry with the aid of the 20 wire wrapping project ideas discussed in this book with step-by-step instructions and graphical illustrations to guide you along the process