Road Trip Mystery Knit Along
It's the 4th annual Road Trip Mystery Shawl Knit Along. Join Cynthia and Valerie as they take us for a virtual trip visiting the Great Lakes and knitting a shawl along the way! The trip began July 1 but you can join in at any time.
Watch the intro video.
How to Join In
- Let us help you assemble yarns for the project or you can pull from your stash.
- Buy the pattern. The pattern is available on Ravelry. The pattern will update as each clue is released. If you don't use Ravelry we will happily buy it for you.
- Read more about the knit along on the Road Trip Mystery web site.
- Facebook - share your progress and cheer on others in the Road Trip Mystery Facebook Group.
- Zoom - after each clue is released, we'll have a Zoom session the following Monday to answer questions, share progress and encourage each other. The Zoom schedule will be emailed to you before the launch.
- Instagram - post your progress pictures with @roadtripmystery and @potomacbeadminnesota
- There will be prizes awarded from those who post on social media.
- Choose Beads. There will be clues that include the option of incorporating seed beads. Click on an image to see the colors we recommend for each combo.
If you choose to add beads, you will need up to 700 beads (5 tubes) for the Misses size and up to 900 beads (6 tubes) for the Plus size. You can choose all one color or you can mix it up. If you can't pick a color, Silver Lined Crystal is neutral and looks good on everything. Check out more of our 6/0 beads.
To add the beads to your shawl you will need either a dental floss threader (available from your local pharmacy), a small crochet hook, a Beadle Needle or an Elastic Cord Needle.